- GIVN: Richard
- SURN: Longley
- GIVN: William
- SURN: Longley
- Sex: M
- Born: Abt 1614 in Firsby, Lincolnshire, England
- Died: 29 Nov 1680 in Charlestown, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
- AFN: 24V1-MF
- _UID: F6CB502E2A0111DAB9B700A0CC5D9B658E1D
- Baptised LDS: 28 Jan 1908 14 Feb 1908
- Record last updated: 30 Nov 2013
- TIME: 11:39
Marriage:. Date a guess. Other marriages don't make sense. Not in Ancestral File.
!Additional sources: Groton Vital Records History of Pepperell, Groton and Shirley Research of Mrs. E. J. Kling, Butler MO
In court, he declared that he was Richard Longley: and that he was the man called William Longley, and also John Longley; that at one time he received land under the name William Longley.
Temple work for him was done under the name William with wife Joanna Goffe and children supposed to be his but who were really children of his son William and wife Lydia; many had the same name as children of Richard and Joanna but were born twenty years or so later.
About 1676, King Philip's Indians attacked Groton, killed many, carried some prisoners to Canada, and others moved away; Richard moving to Charlestown.
I tried many times to straighten out the families of Richard and William. Finally, through the Hartford Times, Mrs. E.J. Kling of Butler, Missouri fixed them. She is a most excellent genealogist.
Is Temple work done for Richard? I think not; for Joanna Goffe as wife of William Sr.? For children of William Jr. and Lydia as children of William Sr. and Joanna? I suppose it all should be done over. How grateful we should be to the Hartford Times and, in this case, to Mrs. E.J. Kling.
Father: John Longley, b. 18 Dec 1618 in Firsby, Lincolnshire, England
Mother: Mrs. Longley, b. Abt 1597 in Firsby, Lincolnshire, England
Family 1: Joanna Goff, b. 1619 in Firsby, Lincolnshire, England
- Married: Abt 1644 in of Frisby, Lincolnshire, England 17 Apr 1954 8 Nov 2008
- John Longley, b. 1640 in Firsby, Lincolnshire, England
- William Longley, b. 1640 in Firsby, Lincolnshire, England
- Ann(Hannah) Longley, b. Abt 1644
- Elizabeth Longley, b. Abt 1645 in Lynn, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
- Hannah Longley, b. 1646 in Of Groton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
- Mary Longley, b. Abt 1646 in Firsby, Lincolnshire, England
- Ann Longley, b. Abt 1656 in Firsby, Lincolnshire, England
- Lydia Longley, b. 1 Jan 1657 in Groton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
- Sarah Longley, b. 15 Oct 1660 in Lynn, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Carl T Cox
Created by IGMGet (modified by Randy Winch) Version 2.7 (Program Information)
Copyright 1996 © Tim Doyle
A component of the Indexed GEDCOM Method of GenWeb authoring.
Database access provided by Host Gator